I am a qualified psychotherapist and a registered member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). I trained in integrative psychotherapy and counselling at Regent’s University in London, and have a British Psychological Society approved certificate in CBT.
Some of the workshops and courses attended as part of my continuous professional development:
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Energy Psychotherapy: The Synergy of Body and Mind
- Evoking Resilience – Strategies and Skills for Finding Strength in the Face of Adversity
- The Assessment and Treatment of Adolescent Self-Harm
- The Role of Family in Children’s Psychological Development
- Trauma Throughout the Life Cycle
- Working With Cancer
I worked as part of the General Oncology Psychological Care Team at UCLH (University College London Hospital) Cancer Centre. Here I saw patients during their life-changing and often highly invasive treatments and operations, and supported them in dealing with the impact on their lives. This included helping them with many wide-ranging issues, such as feelings of loss of sexuality, body image problems, anger, traumatic shock, and facing death.
Currently I work at a women’s clinic where, for a number of years, I have been seeing members of a very diverse section of the community. I help clients here overcome many issues, including struggles with depression and anxiety, as well as relationship difficulties with partners and children.
I have extensive experience in dealing with bipolar sufferers and their families and partners.
I have been involved in community work for over 30 years. This includes taking part in outreach programmes in South Africa, and telephone counselling in the UK.
Experience and Qualifications
- University College Hospital London Cancer Centre – part of the General Oncology Psychological Care Team
- Counsellor at Women and Health in Camden – community-based healthcare centre
- Telephone counselling for JWA, a national women’s aid helpline
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (Regent’s University, London)
- Foundation Course in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Regent’s University, London)
- BA (University of Cape Town)
For compassionate support:
Tel: 078 02 712 011